“Here we go” – Fabrizio Romano confirms first Chelsea signing of the Xabi Alonso era

· Yahoo Sports

“Here we go” – Fabrizio Romano confirms first Chelsea signing of the Xabi Alonso era

Chelsea have reached an agreement with Strasbourg for midfielder Valentin Barco according to Fabrizio Romano.

DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL CHELSEA NEWS APP FOR ALL THE LATEST UPDATES – STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! ON THE APP STORE

Visit asg-reflektory.pl for more information.

Having had a quiet January, the Blues are expected to be busy this summer, especially after they appointed Xabi Alonso as their new manager.

Chelsea are said to be in the market for a centre back, whilst they are thought to want to add another attacker and midfielder.

Chelsea agree deal for Valentin Barco

The Blues already have Geovany Quenda and Emmanuel Emegha arriving this summer, and Romano has reported a deal for Barco has now been agreed.

He took to X.com and said:

“Chelsea agree deal to sign Valentín Barco, here we go!  

“Agreement in place with the player as RC Strasbourg will let Barco go after impressive improvement this year.

“#CFC ready to proceed for the Argentinian midfielder from June.”

Barco posted a goodbye to Strasbourg on Instagram on Sunday evening following a successful season in Ligue 1.

The 21-year-old scored three goals and registered nine assists in 43 appearances in all competitions, and returns to the Premier League following a brief spell at Brighton.

Barco can play in midfield and at left back, whilst he could potentially be an option at left wing back if Alonso opts to play a back three.

The Argentina international will compete with the likes of Moises Caicedo, Enzo Fernandes, Romeo Lavia and Andrey Santos for minutes in midfield, and it’ll be interesting to see what opportunities he gets.

If you enjoy Chelsea News coverage and want to see more of it, add us as a preferred source on Google to make us a favourite and see more of our content.

In other news…

It’s been reported Fernandez could play his final game for Chelsea against Sunderland on Sunday afternoon at the Stadium of Light.

More Stories / Latest News

“Here we go” – Fabrizio Romano confirms first Chelsea signing of the Xabi Alonso era

23rd May 2026, 06:45am

Calum McFarlane’s view on the positives of Cole Palmer missing World Cup

22nd May 2026, 07:30pm

“Best performer since Christmas” – McFarlane picks unexpected Chelsea player for top praise

22nd May 2026, 06:31pm

It’s believed both Real Madrid and Manchester City have shown interest in the midfielder, who’s been unable to agree an improved deal with Chelsea so far despite talks.

Check out the latest edition of Simon Phillips’ SPTC podcast here:

Read full story at source